New York- Last week ConvergEx Group, a provider of proprietary software and technology-enabled services to financial institutions, announced the winners of its Jaywalk Independent Research Provider Performance Awards for the second quarter of 2011.
The awards are based on performance data collected each quarter by Abacus Analytics, and analyzed by Jaywalk. The data for these awards was collected from the beginning of April through the end of June of 2011. Abacus’ metrics focus on the degree to which an IRP’s equal-weighted portfolio of Buy/Positive ratings outperformed their equal weighted portfolio of sell/Negative ratings.
The Jaywalk awards for the second quarter of 2011 went to:
Best Bullish Stock Selection
- Jefferson Research & Management (forensic financial analysis)
- Riley Capital Research (fundamental-centric equity research)
Best Bearish Stock Selection
- TheStreet Ratings (investment research based on a quantitative model supplemented with qualitative analysis)
- Tokeneke Research (industry-specific fundamental research)
Best Overall Stock Selection
- Capital Fortress Ratings (fundamental and technical analysis)
- Argus Research Company (investment strategy and economic analysis)
*Note the top awards are for firms that cover more than 1,000 names and the bottom firm covers fewer than 1000 names.
Director’s Choice Award
- Zacks Investment Research (Individual investment data, market data systems, proprietary quantitative models and analyst written research).