KPO Sector- Outlook looks Strong for 2010


Earlier this month Integrity wrote on KPO  research provider- Copal Partners’  major uptick despite an economic downturn. An article by Rajib Dey commented on  this upward trend for the Knowledge Process Outsourcing sector as a whole.

Dey cites figures from the Indian-based National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom), which is the trade association for the Indian outsourcing industry.  In 2009, Nasscom forecast that the Knowledge Processing Outsourcing (KPO) market would grow despite the global recession to be worth US $17 billion by 2010.  Additionally, Dey estimated that India will comprise more than 70% of the KPO sector by 2010, at approximately US $12 billion. The other 30% would from countries including Russia, China, the Czech Republic, Ireland, and Israel .

A recent report by Outsource Portfolio also  notes the growth of the KPO market.  The  article specifically comments on  the growth in the  Philippines as an alternative to India as a call center as well as an KPO hub.  According to the report, the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) sector in the Philippines will see healthy growth of 26% in the current year. The report also notes that according to a survey 52% of respondents found, outsourcing to the Philippines safer than out sourcing to India, while 31% thought the risks were equal.

Wherever the most significant increase lies, it is of general consensus that for the next few years the KPO business will continue to grow significantly.

Integrity Research’s database tracks independent research firms globally.  Integrity currently covers 30  independent outsourcing firms. On a daily basis, the team at Integrity examines the alternative research space to uncover new firms and to gather the most up-to-date information on existing research providers relevant to institutional investors. For more information, please contact Matthew Bannister at


About Author

Leave A Reply